Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday # 46 ~ Menagerie (Menagerie #1) by Rachel Vincent




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine which spotlights highly anticipated upcoming releases.


This week I’m waiting on: 


Menagerie
(Menagerie #1)
by
Rachel Vincent  


Expected publication: September 29th 2015 by MIRA


When Delilah Marlow visits a famous traveling carnival, Metzger's Menagerie, she is an ordinary woman in a not-quite-ordinary world. But under the macabre circus black-top, she discovers a fierce, sharp-clawed creature lurking just beneath her human veneer. Captured and put on exhibition, Delilah in her black swan burlesque costume is stripped of her worldly possessions, including her own name, as she's forced to "perform" in town after town. 

But there is breathtaking beauty behind the seamy and grotesque reality of the carnival. Gallagher, her handler, is as kind as he is cryptic and strong. The other "attractions"—mermaids, minotaurs, gryphons and kelpies—are strange, yes, but they share a bond forged by the brutal realities of captivity. And as Delilah struggles for her freedom, and for her fellow menagerie, she'll discover a strength and a purpose she never knew existed. 

Renowned author Rachel Vincent weaves an intoxicating blend of carnival magic and startling humanity in this intricately woven and powerful tale.



I've seen Menagerie posted a few times. I love Rachel's writing, so yeah, I'm waiting on this one too.


So, what are you waiting for?
Please leave a comment below with your WoW link!

8 comments:

  1. This is already on pre-order for me. Typically I love her books.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh great pick! I love Rachel Vincent! I still need to read her YA release from June was it? LOL! I have this in my review pile to read that will be right after my current read! I saw that Netgalley had it since so many other bloggers were getting it over the weekend! I quickly went to NG and put a request in!

    Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found a new book to add to my wishlist thanks to your blog!

    New follower via GFC :) Hope to see you around my blog too!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey’s

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was stoked when I heard about this book. Rachel Vincent is one of my favorite authors. I just got the ARC last week! I'm so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got this one from NetGalley on a whim! I hope you get the chance to read it, Marilyn :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited for this one as well, Marilyn. I do have to admit that the cover doesn't do that much for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one does sound interesting. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe! I have this already! I gotta read it soon!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete