Thursday, August 6, 2015

Swoon Thursday # 149 ~ Lengths (Silver Strand #1) by Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt



The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:


Lengths
(Silver Strand #1)
by
Steph Campbell & Liz Reinhardt  



First - The Blurb:


Nineteen-year-old Whit Conrad leaves her conservative Pennsylvania home for sunny California, looking for independence, a fresh start, and a place to stash her grief. She promptly finds a job at a tattoo parlor, a craptastic first apartment, and one friend—Ryan—who is a little less friend, a little more benefits. 

Deo Beckett is a soulful surfer with a passion for tattoos and beautiful women. On the eve of his twenty-second birthday, he finds himself living with his grandfather, recently unemployed, and seriously adrift. He doesn’t know much about what he wants out of life, but he does know his current situation isn't cutting it. 

When Deo meets Whit, she’s all sexy makeup and fierce, smart-ass fun. It doesn’t take him long to see past her tough shell. And when he gets a good look at what's under all the superficial stuff that usually gets his attention, it leaves Deo wondering if there might be more to life than living fast and free. 

Too bad Whit has a past she doesn't plan on sharing—no matter how hot Deo is. She might want him, but she knows better than to let her guard down. 

Deo falls for Whit, and falls hard. But everything about her, down to that mysterious tattoo and the way she thrashes in her sleep, tells him that the girl he loves is hiding something. And the more he pushes for answers, the more Whit pulls away. 

Having your guard up is one thing, but are the lengths Whit goes to to protect her secret worth throwing away the second chance she has at happiness with Deo? 



Second - The Swoon:

Swoon 1
I squeeze her around the hips and she tugs me closer and kisses me, her eyes closed. I know because mine are wide open. "I. Want. You. Now." She takes a deep breath. "Please."

Swoon 2
Suddenly, her lips are hot and sweet on mine. "You. You, Deo. I love you." She crawls onto my lap, her body pressed hot and eager against mine, her hands running from my shoulder blades down my back.
The words out of her mouth, her kisses, her body grinding hot and sweet and frantic against mine, all make my brain gun it and then stall. I pull back and her mouth runs along my jaw in wet, sloppy-sweet kisses that roam to my neck and leave me hard.
My fingers run back into her hair. "You love me?"
"You," she repeats.


I must say, this book was very fast paced. Nothing seemed to happen in slow motion, and at times, I felt a little left behind. But... having said that, it was still a great read and one I would recommend to those of you who like contemporary romance.


My Rating: 4 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?
If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


5 comments:

  1. This book is sitting on my Kindle shelf. I need to pick it up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this book! There were lots of great swoons to choose from ;)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I really like that second swoon! I have this book - one of the many waiting for me to find time for it. I'm glad you liked it, despite the fast pace, Marilyn. Some day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first swoon! Demanding what he wants!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete