Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Teaser Tuesday # 80 ~ The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

The Iron Queen

(The Iron Fey #3)

by
Julie Kagawa

First - The Blurb:


My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.











Second - The Tease:

My eyes watered, and my heart thudded in my ears. "Ash," I whispered again, clenching my fists in the quilt to stop the shaking. I knew what I wanted, but I was still afraid, afraid that I wouldn't do it right, afraid of the unknown, afraid that I would somehow disappoint him. Ash kissed the back of my neck, and I felt his arm tighten, fingers digging into my shirt. I saw a flare of color behind me, bright red desire, felt him tremble as he struggled to control himself, and all my doubts melted away.


I should stop here but I can't. This is such a sweet tender moment that I couldn't resist giving you a little more.


I shifted in his arms, rolling toward him so that he was propped on an elbow above me, eyes shining in the darkness. And I let him see the need, the longing, rising up like tendrils of colored smoke to dance with his. I didn't have to say anything. He drew in a quiet breath and lowered hid head, touching his forehead to mine.
"Are you sure?" His voice was barely a whisper, a ghost in the dark.


Yeah, although I like Puck, I'm definitely team Ash on this one. So loving this series.



* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below!

6 comments:

  1. Great tease! What an awesome series, I'll get to it someday I hope :) I love the covers of these books!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time you post something about this series you are convincing me more an more to add it to my TBR pile.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teasers! Loved this series!!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know!! I love Ash too. He tries so hard to be the bad boy, but he's tender!! Great tease!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes! I'm glad you didn't stop there, Marilyn. Wow! I seriously need to read this series. :) Thanks for the tease.

    ReplyDelete