Thursday, March 13, 2014

Swoon Thursday # 81 ~ The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa


The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOONWhat got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:

The Iron Knight
(The Iron Fey #4)

by
Julie Kagawa

First - The Blurb:

My name - my True Name - is Ashallayn’ darkmyr Tallyn. I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her. My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…
To cold faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.

Then Meghan Chase - a half human, half fey slip of a girl - smashed through his barricades, binding him to her irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can survive.

With the unwelcome company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end - a quest to find a way to honor his vow to stand by Meghan's side.

To survive in the Iron Realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. And along the way Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.


Second - The Swoon:

"Ash." The word was hesitant, as if she wasn't quite sure whether I was real or not. "You're here. How." She blinked, and her voice became stronger as she took a step back. "No, you can't... you shouldn't be here. I told you never to come back. The iron..."

I reached out and took her hand, silencing her. "It can't hurt me," I promised. "Not anymore." She gazed up at me, hope and uncertainty warring in her eyes, and I softly touched her cheek, her tears mingling with the rain. "I said I'd be back," I told her, "and from now on, I'll never leave your side. Nothing will keep me from you again."

"How...?" she whispered, but I bent down and kissed her, cutting off any protests. She gasped. and her arms slid around my waist, pulling us together. I hugged her close, wanting to feel her against my body, to prove that this was real. I was in the Iron Realm and Meghan was in my arms.



There were not too many swoon worthy moments in this book, largely because the story is told from Ash's POV and is mostly about how he tries to gain a soul so that he can become human and be with Meghan. Nevertheless, it was still an enjoyable read and a great conclusion to the series. If you haven't read it yet then I recommend that you do. 

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


9 comments:

  1. *Sigh* I love that!! I'm so glad Ash got his HEA. Did you know she was going to leave it at 3 books, but her editor wanted more?? Thank goodness for that final book! Great swoon Marilyn!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Great swoon!!! I have heard amazing things about this series. I hope I get the chance to read this series soon ;)

    Happy Thursday! Thanks for stopping by my Swoon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was my favorite of them all because it gave us the HEA--- it was especially sweet because (like Naomi said) originally book three was the end and it was all bittersweet and crap-- that would have crushed my soul! Great swoon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent choice Marilyn! And what a great idea for a meme :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWW, THAT IS SO SWEET! You go, Ash and Meghan :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the Iron Fey series! You're right there's not many swoons in this one, but I LOVED this scene!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that is totally swoony, Marilyn. I so need to read this series!! Thanks for the swoon. I hope your week has been great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that it totally swoony, Marilyn. I really need to get started on this series! Thanks for sharing the swoon. And I hope your week has been great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sweet swoon is always special! I really need to read this series soon!

    ReplyDelete