Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Teaser Tuesday # 56 ~ The Collector by Victoria Scott




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

The Collector

by

Victoria Scott


First - The Blurb:

He makes good girls...bad. 

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried.


Second - The Tease:

"I love you, Charlie," I say. "I f****** love you so much."

A gasp escapes her throat as I race toward her. I tug her against me and smash my mouth over hers. I feel everything - her hair between my fingers, her skin pressing against mine. And her lips. I feel those soft pink lips freeze for a moment beneath my kiss. And then I feel her relax, opening her mouth and mirroring my movements. She leans into me, twinning her arms around my neck, pulling me so there's nothing between us.

I grab her thighs and hoist her up, and she wraps her legs around me. Fumbling toward a tree, I press her back against it and push toward her, my hips locking against hers. An animalistic groan escapes my throat as I kiss her harder, deeper. I trail my lips down her neck and along her collarbone, and Charlie softly moans. Then I bury my head against her chest and take in - her smell, her chest raising and falling. The wild thumping of her heart.


Third - My Thoughts:

I have to say that it took me a little while to get into this book. I didn't quite like the way Dante treated Charlie in the beginning.  But what can I say, he's the kind of guy that grows on you. Although he likes to appear like a complete bad-ass, turns out that there is a softer version of him underneath. 

I liked Charlie right from the start. She is a likeable character with a kind heart. It is her kind heart and trusting soul which slowly draws out the softer less dark side of Dante.

The Collector is written from Dante's POV which was a nice change for me since most of my reads are written from the female POV.

My Rating: 4 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!



6 comments:

  1. Haha!! Yes, Dante is a bit hard to handle from the beginning, but I found it quite amusing!! I like the Bad boys though.

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much about this book, and the teaser looks really intriguing. Thanks for sharing, Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read this book! Dying to meet Dante! Awesome tease!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still am on the fence about Dante- I mean well you know what I mean. I haven't started the second book yet though. Maybe he will redeem himself in it.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is my teaser: http://reviewbooksandmore.com/2013/09/17/tuesday-teasers-meme-91713/ or http://andreareadsandreviews.blogspot.com/2013/09/tuesday-teasers-meme-91713.html

    ReplyDelete