Thursday, September 19, 2013

Swoon Thursday # 57 ~ Touch by Jus Accardo



The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOONWhat got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:


Touch
(Denazen #1)

by
Jus Accardo

First - The Blurb:

When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes home.

Except there’s something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she’ll turn to dust if he touches her. It’s not until Dez’s father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realizes there’s more to this boy—and her father’s “law firm”—than she realized.

Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation—an organization devoted to collecting “special” kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons—his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. The two team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they’re caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe.

A secret Kale will kill to protec
t
.


Second - The Swoon:

I brushed the lightest of kisses on his left cheek.

He sat up straight, eyes wide, and touched the tip of his index finger to his cheek. "What was that?"

I blushed. "A kiss."

"That's what a kiss feels like?"

"Well, technically. There are a lot of different types of..."

"Show me."

"Show you what?"

"Show me some of the other kinds."

"You're asking me to kiss you?"

He nodded, hands curled over the edge of the bed. "Is that not right?"


Third - My Thoughts:

I really liked Kale. He is so sweet and innocent as this scene shows. Unfortunately though, he has a deadly touch. Locked up for most of his life in a facility not known to the public, he has little knowledge of the outside world. Finally managing to escape those who have held him captive, he runs into Dez (Deznee) - literally.

Dez is a girl with attitude. She's feisty and a little on the crazy side. On meeting Kale she is immediately intrigued by his odd behavior. As she starts to learn more about him, she discovers things about her own life she had no knowledge of. Her mother is not dead. Her father is not a lawyer. And she herself is far from normal.

I really enjoyed this book. There are several swoon worthy moments, loads of action and a great ending. I'm looking forward to reading Toxic (Book 2) and Tremble (Book 3)

My Rating: 5 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.... nice tease!! I think I'd like Kale!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this one too- I have Toxic, just haven't gotten to it on my TBR pile yet. I wonder if I will get to it this month.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love Kale! This was an awesome read! I cannot believe I haven't read Toxic yet! Amazing swoon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL that is such a funny and yummy swoon! He sounds great! Jus Accardo is quite popular this week - perhaps I will pick up one of her books!

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. It is totally ok to ask a girl to kiss you! That was so sweet and funny. Thanks for sharing.

    Check out Our Swoons

    Xoxo. Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read about all the different kinds of kisses she shows him! LOL! I need to check out this series :)

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/09/swoon-thursday-36.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete