This is a meme created by Reading and Things for bloggers to talk about there book boyfriends and tease the readers with things they've said.
Want to participate?
Then all you have to do is:
1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.
2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that.
3) Pick a quote from his book, long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is.
4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises).
5) Share it! And shout it out using the #Reading and Things.
My Book Boyfriend for this week is:
I was first introduced to Balthazar in Claudia Gray's Evernight series. I found myself liking him almost instantly because he is sweet, caring and a little on the mysterious side. When Claudia released his story which is seperate from the original series, I just couldn't wait to read it and learn more about him and his past.
When Balthazar agrees to help Skye Tierney, a human girl who once attended Evernight Academy, he has no idea how dangerous it will be. Skye's newfound psychic powers have caught the attention of Redgrave, the cruel, seductive master vampire responsible for murdering Balthazar and his family four centuries ago. Now Redgrave plans to use Skye's powers for his own evil purposes.
Balthazar will do whatever it takes to stop Redgrave and exact his long-awaited revenge against his killer. As Skye and Balthazar stand together to fight him, they grow closer--first unwillingly, then undeniably. Balthazar realizes his lonely world could finally be changed by her. . . .
In a story filled with forbidden love and dark suspense, one of the most beloved characters in Claudia Gray's "New York Times" bestselling Evernight series will captivate readers with his battle to overcome his past and follow his heart.
Here's a little taste:
"I'll protect you as long as you need it. Forever, if that's how long it takes." With Redgrave's vampires spreading the word far and wide, "forever" wasn't a rash promise; it was a realistic estimate. "But Skye - as much as I care about you - you know we can't always be together."
She pushed herself upright. "What? Why?"
"Because you're alive, and I'm not."
I thought this scene was really sweet.
Okay! Now it's your turn. Who's your current book crush for this week? Please leave a link below.