Thursday, December 19, 2013

Swoon Thursday #70 ~ Falling Into Us by Jasinda Wilder



The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOONWhat got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:

Falling Into Us
(Falling #2)

by
Jasinda Wilder


First - The Blurb:

THE STORY YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW...

When Kyle Calloway died, he took a part of Nell with him. She wasn’t the only one left to pick up the pieces, however; Kyle’s death left a gaping hole in the hearts and lives of his parents and his older brother Colton, and ultimately broke the will of the girl he loved.

THE STORY YOU NEVER IMAGINED...

Becca de Rosa is Nell’s best friend. When Kyle died, Nell was so devastated that no one could reach her, not even her best friend Becca. As she tries to help Nell through her grief, Becca’s own life is thrust into turmoil, and everything she knows is changed.

Jason Dorsey asked Nell out the week after her sixteenth birthday, but that date never happened. Instead, he ended up going out with Nell’s best friend, Becca. He had no way of knowing, then, how that one date would send him on a life-long journey with Becca. He had no way of knowing the tragedies and triumphs he would experience, or that in Becca, he might find the love of a lifetime.

THE HEARTACHE YOU’LL NEVER FORGET...


Second - My Swoon:

Becca didn't hesitate, not even a single heartbeat. She pressed her lips to mine and smiled, and the feel of her mouth curving against mine in a smiling kiss lifted the cloud from my head, the weight from my shoulders, lessened the pain in my ribs and the hurt in my heart. I kissed her back, lost myself in her. She let me slide my hands on her hips, pull her closer, kiss her harder, and the silence extended around us as the building emptied. I kissed her, and I thought of that incredible poem she wrote about ghosts kissing her, and I tried my damnedest to kiss her so she knew I was real, I wasn't a ghost anymore.


Third - My Thoughts:

A short while back, I read Falling Into You - Nell, Kyle and Colt's story - the first in the Falling series. It was an emotional and intense read, but one I really enjoyed it.

So, when I came across Falling Into Us, naturally, I had to read Jason and Becca's story too. And not altogether surprisingly, it was just as emotional and intense as the first.

Jason comes from a back ground he would do anything to escape (A father who beats him and a mother who doesn't seem to care). Becca is shy, reserved and somewhat isolated because that's the way she's been brought up to be. Together, they complete each other in a way neither one of them was expecting.

There are some deeply sad moments, some amazingly happy ones, and whole lot of swoon worthiness (Warning - some swoon's are quite hot and steamy). Like with the first, I really enjoyed this book and found it hard to put down.

My Rating: 5 out of 5




* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!

9 comments:

  1. Wow... that's a nice kiss.... Has he been missing? Ghost reference...

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm a sweet and steamy kiss! But I love that it also has meaning to it, something that makes it extra special :)
    Thanks for visiting My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, Jasinda Wilder and her books. She is one of the many New Adult contemporary romance authors who can really write a swoon! Love it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your swoon, Marilyn! You are an author!!! Omg, need to check your books. :)
    My swoon

    Baileys @ Unladylike Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes me likey your swoon this week. Great review as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Swoon Marilyn! I love how she takes his pain away.

    Here's Mine:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/12/swoon-thursday-49.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I know I need to read these books already! That was the sweetest swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm... was he a ghost to begin with? Great swoon!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a ghost anymore? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete