Thursday, November 14, 2013

Swoon Thursday #65 ~ Where You Are by Tammara Webber



The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOONWhat got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:

Where You Are
(Between the Lines #2)

by
Tammara Webber

First - The Blurb:

Graham Douglas doesn't do romantic relationships, but he was knocked for a loop when he met Emma Pierce on the set of his last film. As they grew closer, he did everything in his power to keep from falling for a girl being pursued by superstar Reid Alexander. Now home in New York, his life is once again under control, until Emma appears and shows him how not over her he is.

Emma Pierce is forsaking an up-and-coming Hollywood career to embark on a life she’s only dreamed of—the life of a regular girl. After spending months burying her feelings for the two night-and-day guys who vied for her heart while filming her last movie, a twist of fate puts her in a coffee shop in the middle of Manhattan with the one she still misses.

Brooke Cameron was a fresh-faced Texas girl when she arrived in LA. Now she’s a beach sitcom star turned conceited heiress on the big screen. Having just survived three months on location with her ex—Hollywood’s reigning golden boy—she’s older and wiser and has set her sights on her close friend Graham. The only thing standing in her way is the girl he can’t forget.

Reid Alexander can sum up his life in one word: boring. Between film projects, there’s little going on outside of interviews, photo shoots, and the premiere of the film he finished last fall. The next-to-last thing he expects is to get a second chance with Emma, the girl who rejected him. The last thing he expects is for his still-bitter-ex to be the one to offer it to him on a platter.

(Mature Young Adult / New Adult)



Second - My Swoon:

Pulling me closer, Graham lifts me on to my toes as his mouth crashes down on mine. The feel of his lips, insistent and giving no quarter, stuns me for a split-second, and then I'm matching his movements, opening my mouth, a restrained moan building in my throat as our tongues meet. My hands glide into his hair, the dark strands like ink spilling over my fingers as I urge him closer. "Emma," he breathes, wrapping one arm around my lower back, his fingers stroking over the skin at my waist as his opposite hand cradles my head, thrusting through the hair at my nap. His touch gentles then, kisses shifting to slow-motion, pulling me along like a subtle current, unhurried.


Third - My Thoughts:

Where Are You follows on from Between the Lines, only this time, it is written from not only Emma and Reid's POV, but also from Graham's and Brooke's. I will say that I had to check back a few times to see from whose POV I was reading from, but that didn't really bother me because the continuation of the story is quite captivating. In fact, I actually enjoyed Book 2 a little more than Book 1.

In Where Are You, Emma and Graham have finally managed to be open and honest with each other regarding their feelings, however, like with many romances, all is not smooth sailing. In the background, others are plotting to destroy their new found relationship. Will Brooke and Reid succeeded in their endeavor to break Emma and Graham apart? Once again, I don't want to give away spoilers so I guess you'll have to read it for yourself to find out.

My Rating: 5 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! I'm glad you are loving this series. Too many POV's can be confusing, but glad you liked it more than book 1!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering how this series was! I would assume it was great because it was from Tammara, but just haven't had a chance to read it. After that swoon- I'm sold!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting... I haven't read a Webber book (besides Easy). I like the swoon you chose! Slow and steady always wins the race ;)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series and still need to read the latest one. Graham and Emma were my favorites though! :) Here's My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get to this series! I loved Tammara Webber's Easy. Great Swoon! I love a guy that takes his time. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/11/swoon-thursday-44.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this one!

    Thanks for visiting My Swoon

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete