Friday, July 29, 2016

Weekend Reminisces #4



Hey, it's Friday, the start of the weekend.
Sorry, I guess I'm not really telling you any  thing you don't already know.
So... lets focus on what's new this week.



What book(s) did I add to my shelf?

Deeper We Fall
(Fall and Rise #1)
by
Chelsea M. Cameron

Two years after her best friend was involved in a car accident that caused a traumatic brain injury, Lottie Anders is ready to start her freshman year of college. Ready to move on. Ready to start forgetting the night that ripped her life apart.

Her plans come to a screeching halt when not one, but both brothers responsible for the accident end up back in her life again.

Zack is cruel, selfish and constantly rubbing what happened to her friend in Lottie's face.

Zan is different. He listens to her awkward ramblings. He loves To Kill a Mockingbird as much as she does, and his dark eyes are irresistible. His words are few and far between, but when he does speak, she can't help but listen.

The trouble is, Zan was the driver in the accident, and now Lottie's discovered he lied to her about what happened that night. Now she must decide if trusting him again will lead to real forgiveness, or deeper heartache.


Breakaway
(Pro-U #1)
by
Ali Parker

Lucas White is captain of the hockey team, and well deserving of the position. He’s hard-hitting, rough and puts up with very little. He’s kept to himself throughout his years at Providence University, but it’s time to train the next man up in line for his position. His second on the Hockey team has a twin sister that catches everyone’s eye and leaves most of the guys acting like idiots, but Lucas isn’t interested. Girls are too needy, too catty and a pain in butt. Plain and simple. 

Aubrey Moore’s had her eye on the captain of the hockey team for the last few years since her brother, Jayce joined the team. He’s known for being a complete jerk, but Aubrey’s had the pleasure of seeing around the edges of his personality and wants to know him more. Now she just has to figure out how to help him breakaway from being so jaded and join her in the best adventure anyone could embark on -love. 



Whiplash: A Sports Romance
by
Tabatha Kiss 

If I’m a player… 
Then she’s the coach. 

ELIZA 

My dad doesn’t want me socializing with the team. 
But I’ve never been much of a daddy’s girl. 

Junior Morgan thinks he can flash a wink and get me in his bed. 
I won’t make it so easy for him. 

Sorry, quarterback. You want me? 
You’re gonna have to earn it. 

Let’s play. 

JUNIOR 

The new coach doesn’t want the team involved with his daughter. 
But I’ve never been one to follow the rules. 

Eliza Pierce thinks she’s won her little game. 
I’m not giving up so easy. 

Sorry, honey. I know what I want. 
You have no idea who you’re playing with. 

Bring it on. 

A handsome playboy. The coach’s forbidden daughter. 
College football’s Most Valuable Player has met his match! 


I just want to mention that all these books are stand-a-lone novels. No series to keep you waiting for the next installment


* * * * *

What did I finish reading?

Me Before You
(Me Before You #1)
by
Jojo Moyes

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.





My Tease:

"All I can say is that you make me... you make me into someone I couldn't even imagine. You make me happy, even when you're awful. I would rather be with you - even the you that you seem to think is diminished - than with anyone else in the world."
...Louisa


After seeing the movie trailer for Me Before You, I knew it was a film I just had to see. However, I have learnt that it is often best to read the novel first. So yeah, that's what I did.

For anyone who has read the book or seen the movie, you will already know that the story is highly emotional and totally heartbreaking. For those of you who have yet to read it, be warned, you will need to keep a box of tissues handy.



* * * * *

What am I currently reading?

After You
(Me Before You #2)
by
Jojo Moyes

The long-awaited sequel to the worldwide phenomenon Me Before You.

Louisa Clark is no longer just an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. After the six months spent with Will Traynor, she is struggling without him. And when an extraordinary accident forces Lou to return home to her family, she can't help but feel she's right back where she started.

In a church basement, with the motley crew of the support group Moving On, Lou attempts to kick-start her life again. And when she meets strong, capable Sam Fielding things seem like they are going in the right direction. This is until a figure from Will's past appears out of the blue . . .







* * * * *

Please feel free to leave a comment below and I will endeavour to return the favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment