Thursday, May 5, 2016

Swoon Thursday # 183 ~ Sweet (Contours of the Heart #3) by Tammara Webber




Swoon Thursday was first bought to us by YA Bound.
Since they are no longer with us, Naomi @ Naomi's Reading Palace has kindly created a central meet up point for those of us who wish to continue to share our swoons.
So ladies (and any gents who feel so inclined) please leave a comment below, and then head on over there to link up and spread the love.


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:


Sweet
(Contours of the Heart #3)
by
Tammara Webber


First - The Blurb:




He’s the love of her life, but he doesn’t know it.
She’s his one moment of sacrifice in a lifetime of survival.

He was damaged and wild, but resilient.
She’s always been obedient. Now she’s restless.

Home for the summer between college and med school, Pearl Torres Frank knows two things: Boyce Wynn is the embodiment of everything she should run from, and everything she wants to run to. Rebellious and loud. Unconcerned with society’s opinion of him. Passionate. Strong. Dangerous.

And one more trait he hides from everyone but her:
Sweet.




Second - The Swoon:

“It’s just me, Boyce. You don’t have to do anything to impress me.”
“Because you already think I’m awesome, or because you never will?”
“You saved my life. I’ve been impressed with you since I was five years old.”
...Pearl

* * *
“I’m gonna kiss you. Unless you tell me not to good and loud right now. I’m gonna kiss you, and I’m not gonna be sorry.”


“I was a man who’d loved this girl from the moment she’d come back to life and saw no one but me.”
...Boyce





Easy was the first novel I read by Tammara Webber. It was the first NA Contemporary after a very long spell of only reading paranormal. It was an awesome read and I have pretty much read everything written by Tammara since. All her books are great, and Sweet is no exception.

Told from both Boyce's and Pearl's POV, Sweet alternates between past and present events. Admittedly, there were times when I found the swaps a little confusing, but overall, I loved the story. It's sad, it's happy, it's emotional, and of course, it's sweet. Boyce and Pearl have both been through so much in their lives, some of it together, and some of it apart. Finally arriving at place where they begin to find peace, they are able to commit to their true feelings for each other, and what started out as a delicate and secretive friendship, develops into a deep and intense romance.

If you loved Easy, then you need to give Sweet a try. Although they are of the same series, they are totally different stories and each compelling in their own way.


My Rating: 5 out of 5




* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


3 comments:

  1. UGH! I still need to read this one! It just sounds soo good! Loved the swoons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read this book! Boyce is quite a strange name. I am so glad you enjoyed this one so much, Marilyn! Five stars is really great. =)

    Lovely post and swoon choice!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Those teasers have me wanting more! I've read the first two books, but not this one. Will have to fix that!

    ReplyDelete