Thursday, March 3, 2016

Swoon Thursday #175 ~ The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West



Swoon Thursday was first bought to us by YA Bound.
Since they are no longer with us, Naomi @ Naomi's Reading Palace has kindly created a central meet up point for those of us who wish to continue to share our swoons.
So ladies (and any gents who feel so inclined) please leave a comment below, and then head on over there to link up and spread the love.


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:

The Fill-In Boyfriend
by
Kasie West  


First - The Blurb:


When Gia Montgomery's boyfriend, Bradley, dumps her in the parking lot of her high school prom, she has to think fast. After all, she'd been telling her friends about him for months now. This was supposed to be the night she proved he existed. So when she sees a cute guy waiting to pick up his sister, she enlists his help. The task is simple: be her fill-in boyfriend—two hours, zero commitment, a few white lies. After that, she can win back the real Bradley.

The problem is that days after prom, it's not the real Bradley she's thinking about, but the stand-in. The one whose name she doesn't even know. But tracking him down doesn't mean they're done faking a relationship. Gia owes him a favor and his sister intends to see that he collects: his ex-girlfriend's graduation party—three hours, zero commitment, a few white lies.

Just when Gia begins to wonder if she could turn her fake boyfriend into a real one, Bradley comes waltzing back into her life, exposing her lie, and threatening to destroy her friendships and her new-found relationship.



Second - The Swoon:

This is probably more of a tease than a swoon but it made me laugh so I had to share it with you.


I can pay you."
He raised his eyebrows. "I'm sure there are services for that.Maybe you can try calling 1-800-HOOKERS or something?"
"You know the number well?” 


Although neither character was overly appealing to me, I did enjoy the banter which occurred between Gia and Hayden. It was flirtatious and light hearted. Nothing overly heavy or emotionally draining. For me, The Fill-In Boyfriend is what I would call a cute read. 


My rating: 4 out of 5



* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?
If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


4 comments:

  1. I really liked this one. I read it this summer when I needed something light. I liked how they went together.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe... yes, I like that tease... It's funny and a bit cute! She is trying hard to win him over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I just started reading this one too. It's good so far. Glad you enjoyed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORED this book so much! Kasie West is the queen of YA contemporary romance, in my opinion. Lovely swoon choice!

    Have a fabulous weekend, Marilyn. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete