Thursday, September 17, 2015

Swoon Thursday # 154 ~ This Shattered World (Starbound #2) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner



The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:


This Shattered World
(Starbound #2)
by
Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner  



First - The Blurb:


The second installment in the epic Starbound trilogy introduces a new pair of star-crossed lovers on two sides of a bloody war.

Jubilee Chase and Flynn Cormac should never have met.

Lee is captain of the forces sent to Avon to crush the terraformed planet's rebellious colonists, but she has her own reasons for hating the insurgents.

Rebellion is in Flynn's blood. Terraforming corporations make their fortune by recruiting colonists to make the inhospitable planets livable, with the promise of a better life for their children. But they never fulfilled their promise on Avon, and decades later, Flynn is leading the rebellion.

Desperate for any advantage in a bloody and unrelentingly war, Flynn does the only thing that makes sense when he and Lee cross paths: he returns to base with her as prisoner. But as his fellow rebels prepare to execute this tough-talking girl with nerves of steel, Flynn makes another choice that will change him forever. He and Lee escape the rebel base together, caught between two sides of a senseless war.

The stunning second novel in the Starbound trilogy is an unforgettable story of love and forgiveness in a world torn apart by war.




Second - The Swoon:

I move after her and duck my head to find her lips with mine. It's all I want to do. She surges up against me like she's been waiting for this, lips parting, arms curling around my neck. Everything crowds together - grief, desire, anger, and beneath it all, a desperate hint of hope, and I can feel the sharing of it in the energy that wells up between us. I drag my hand up from her waist, my fingertips finding bare skin and the dip of her spine as hers tighten in my hair. She gasps against my mouth, a split second pause, and then we're together again as if we'd been parted for eternity.


This Shattered World is the second instalment in the Starbound trilogy. It starts a year after where These Broken Stars left off and follows the story of Jubilee - a hardcore captain of the forces - and Flynn - a leader of the local rebels.

A native of Avon, Flynn is desperately trying to save both his people and his home world. Jubilee, working under the assumption that he and his followers need to be captured and dealt with, is fighting against him.

But not everything is as it seems, and when the two of them are repeatedly thrown together, they quickly learn that both sides are being manipulated by a third party. Determined to uncover the truth, they band together, and during the process, begin to develop feelings for each other. Yep... there's some romance.

Compared to These Broken Stars, there is a lot more action in this story and definitely a lot more characters. An enjoyable read. I'm looking forward to the release of the final instalment.


My Rating: 5 out of 5



* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?
If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


7 comments:

  1. I love it when one kiss leads to another. That is some swoon.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! This swoon! I cannot wait to read the third book - it will be faaabulous, I have no doubt. :D

    Lovely choice, Marilyn!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I can't wait to read this one ! I have it, just need to pick it up! :D

    Lovely swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that's some great swoon. And the second book was just as good as the first?!? That's fantastic! I'll have to move this series up in the queue. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed These Broken Stars more than this one but I still loved this one. Plus I am OBSESSED with the covers! Awesome choice for a swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice. I keep meaning to get to this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are loving this series.... That kiss, love the gasp!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete