Thursday, August 13, 2015

Swoon Thursday # 150 ~ Maybe Not (Maybe #1.5) by Colleen Hoover



The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:


Maybe Not
(Maybe #1.5)
by
Colleen Hoover   


First - The Blurb:


When Warren has the opportunity to live with a female roommate, he instantly agrees. It could be an exciting change.

Or maybe not.

Especially when that roommate is the cold and seemingly calculating Bridgette. Tensions run high and tempers flare as the two can hardly stand to be in the same room together. But Warren has a theory about Bridgette: anyone who can hate with that much passion should also have the capability to love with that much passion. And he wants to be the one to test this theory.

Will Bridgette find it in herself to warm her heart to Warren and finally learn to love?

Maybe.

Maybe not. 




Second - The Swoon:

Swoon 1
"The only difference between falling in love and being in love is that your heart already knows how you feel, but your mind is too stubborn to admit it."

Swoon 2
"I don't want you to change, Bridgette. I'm not in love with who you could be, or who you used to be, or who the world says you should be. I'm in love with you. Right now. Just like this."

Swoon 3
I press my lips to hers with such delicacy; I want her to feel everything she’s ever deserved to feel at the hands of someone else. She deserves to feel beautiful. She deserves to feel important. She deserves to feel cared for. She deserves to feel respected. She deserves to feel like there’s at least one other person in this world who accepts her for exactly who she is. She deserves to know how I feel, because I feel all of those things. And maybe a little more.


I first met Warren and Bridgette in Maybe Someday (one of my top five favorite reads). Warren was a great secondary character and he shared quite a few fun moments with Ridge and Sydney. However, Bridgette didn't stand out, at least not to me.

Getting to read the story of how Warren and Bridgette (as a couple) came to be was interesting and definitely gave me a broader insight to these two characters. Warren may be a little intense at times, but he has a deeply compassionate side. Especially when it comes to Bridgette. Sure, there is a lot of angst between them initially, but it doesn't last. 

Bridgette has no experience with love and has a difficult time letting anyone behind the walls she has built around herself. Warren is persistent though, and over time, he shows her that not everyone is out to hurt her. Maybe Not is a touching read and one I would recommend as a follow up to Maybe Someday.

My Rating: 5 out of 5



* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?
If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!




5 comments:

  1. Sigh.... I love those swoons! Warren is a heartbreaker, for sure!
    Glad you loved this one, despite Bridgette not being a stand out character in the original book!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh does Warren know how to talk to a gal. Love how he tells her he loves her.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard nothing but great things about Colleen Hoover. I have an autographed copy of Ugly Love, but it's to pretty to read. I have one or two on my shelf, so it must be time to read them <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swoon number three! I like that one the most. I've not read this one, but I know you love CoHo's books, so I'm glad to see another set of CoHo swoons! :D

    Hope you're having a lovely week, Marilyn :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that second! Yes, that.

    ReplyDelete