Thursday, May 14, 2015

Swoon Thursday # 138 ~ Confess by Colleen Hoover



The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *

My Swoon for this week comes from:

Confess
by
Colleen Hoover 


First - The Blurb:



Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover Owen is keeping major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…




Second - The Swoon(s):

Swoon 1

Two days
That won't be enough for me, Auburn. I can already tell. And whoever's favorite color is blue won't stand a chance in this tent, because I'm about to make sure that the only thing she ever thinks about when she sees a tent again is Oh My God.
... Owen

~ ~ ~

Swoon 2

"No one deserves you like I do."
"No one sees you like I do."
"No one understand you the way I do."
"No one makes your heart beat like I do."
He presses his palm against my heart. "And no one else deserves to be inside you if they can’t get there through here first." 

~ ~ ~

Swoon 3

He kisses me like he's giving me every kiss he wishes he could have given me in the past, and every kiss he'll wish he could give me in the future.
All at once.
... Auburn


OMG is right. Colleen Hoover has done it again. This book is awesome and I hated that it ended.

Auburn broke my heart. Losing her first love and then treated so poorly by his family was totally cruel. But like with every cloud, there was a silver lining. And for Auburn, it came in the form of Owen.

Owen initially appears a little messed up because of what he's endured in his past, but it turns out he's not what you first imagine him to be. Under the blase attitude, he's a real softie and he cares for Auburn deeply.

I really like the way Colleen develops her stories and incorporates realism into her books. In my favorite - Maybe Someday - she provided us with the physical songs. In Confess, she included the Artwork. I can't wait to see what she does in November 9 (due for release November this year).

My Rating: 5 out of 5 


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?
If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!



5 comments:

  1. Oh my that second swoon had me at "no one deserves you like I do." Dang that is some good writing.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the third the best, Marilyn! :D

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the swoons! It was a great read. These two were great together, and the beginning and the end chapters broke my heart!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes that was some hot stuff there. I need this book now oh my goodness. *Grabby hands*

    ReplyDelete