Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #117 ~ All Lined Up (Rusk University #1) by Cora Carmack




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

All Lined Up
(Rusk University #1)
by
Cora Carmack


First - The Blurb:



In Texas, two things are cherished above all else—football and gossip. My life has always been ruled by both.

Dallas Cole loathes football. That's what happens when you spend your whole childhood coming in second to a sport. College is her time to step out of the bleachers, and put the playing field (and the players) in her past.

But life doesn't always go as planned. As if going to the same college as her football star ex wasn’t bad enough, her father, a Texas high school coaching phenom, has decided to make the jump to college ball… as the new head coach at Rusk University. Dallas finds herself in the shadows of her father and football all over again.

Carson McClain is determined to go from second-string quarterback to the starting line-up. He needs the scholarship and the future that football provides. But when a beautiful redhead literally falls into his life, his focus is more than tested. It's obliterated.

Dallas doesn't know Carson is on the team. Carson doesn't know that Dallas is his new coach's daughter.

And neither of them know how to walk away from the attraction they feel.


Second - The Tease(rs):


I don't know anything about this guy except that his eyes make my mind fuzzy, and his muscled arms make my mouth water, and the things he keeps saying... they burn – beginning in my flushed cheeks, blazing through my blood, and curling between my legs until I feel like I have to squeeze them together just to keep from combusting on the spot.
...Dallas


"Carson McClain, you scare me like nothing has ever scared me before. You drive me crazy and make me laugh and push my buttons on purpose. You make me feel safe and smart and pretty. Sometimes I think I might actually melt when you wrap your arms around me, and right now I feel a little bit like I might die if you don't kiss me."
...Dallas


I can deny myself all I want, but one thing I cannot deny is just how f***ing gorgeous this girl is. And exactly the kind of distraction I'm supposed to be staying away from.
....Carson


It's been a while since I read a book written by Cora. Once again, she didn't disappoint. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Dallas and Carson's story. The funny way they met. The struggle to maintain a friendship which constantly threatened to be more. And their eventual acceptance that 'more' is good.

If you're a fan of Cora's work, don't miss this one.

My Rating: 5 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below!



8 comments:

  1. Squee!! So glad you loved this one! I loved Dallas and Carson too! My review is next Wednesday!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds hot!

    Mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2014/11/18/teaser-tuesday-night-broken/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading Eternal by C.C. Hunter

    Teasers:
    He made a face. 'Shes's your ghost.'
    'My ghost? Why the hell is she my ghost?'
    'Because she's closer to you.'
    'Says who?'

    lovely teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh nice teasers! Totally new to me!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fantastic teasers! I am dying to make time for this book. That second teaser was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teasers, Marilyn! And I'm so glad Cora didn't disappoint with All Lined Up. I have it sitting on my desk, waiting patiently for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT TEASERS!!! Loved this book for life!!! Absolute favorite. Have you grabbed the second one yet?

    ReplyDelete