Thursday, November 6, 2014

Swoon Thursday #114 ~ Bad for You (Sea Breeze #7) by Abbi Glines




The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOONWhat got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:


 Bad for You
(Sea Breeze #7)
by
Abbi Glines


First - The Blurb:


Innocence was never meant for the addictive… 

Addiction was something Krit Corbin accepted as part of his nature a long time ago. He decided to embrace it and flip his finger at the rules. Women had always been the number one thing on his list of addictions. He couldn’t get enough. Being the lead singer in a rock band had only made access to his favorite addiction that much easier.

Being alone was the only thing Blythe Denton understood. The small town minister’s family that raised her hadn’t accepted her as their own. The minister’s wife had always made sure Blythe understood just how unworthy she was of love. When Blythe is sent away to college and given a chance to finally be free of living as an unwanted burden, she looks forward to having peace in her life. Being alone isn’t something that bothers her. She escapes reality in the stories she writes.

However, the ridiculously sexy tattooed guy who keeps throwing parties in the apartment above hers is driving her crazy. For starters, he doesn’t treat her like she would expect a guy with a different woman always hanging on his arm to treat someone as uninteresting as her. She looks nothing like the gorgeous women she sees parading in and out of his apartment, but for some strange reason he keeps showing up at her door.

During a party at his apartment, Krit’s new neighbor comes to the door with her long brown hair pulled up in a messy knot and a pair of glasses perched on her cute little nose. She wants him to turn down the music, but he convinces her to stay.

Krit Corbin may have just found his biggest addiction yet. And Blythe Denton realizes too late that she’s finally been claimed. 


Second - The Swoon(s):

Krit is:
Sexy / Arrogant:

“Most women beg me to lick them, and I give it to you for free and you push me away,” he said with a fake pout on his face.
“You’re crazy.” I giggled
“I’m the good kind of crazy, though.” 

Possessive / Needy:

“I’m not sharing. You’re mine. No one will touch you but me. I have an addictive personality. I always have. And you just became my number one addiction. I’m gonna want this. A lot. I’m needy and demanding, and now you’re the only one who can meet that need.” 

Totally lost to Blythe:

I was completely obsessed with her. Addicted wasn’t a strong enough word. She had surpassed my addictive tendencies, and I was full-blown obsessed.

“You don’t just fit into my world, Blythe. You are my world” 


Blythe is:

 Sweetly innocent. Raised by a Pastor and his wife after her mother died in childbirth, she is brought up to believe that she is both ugly and evil and that no one could ever love her.
Then she meets Krit and her whole world changes.


Just maybe I was worthy of love.


“It made me expect certain things. You taught me not to expect those things. You made me believe I could be wanted. You wanted me when no one else ever has.” 


I love the Sea Breeze series. Can't wait to read the next one - Hold On Tight.

My Rating: 5 out of 5

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?
If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Love all the teasers Marilyn! I think I would like to know Krit more... he is one I liked in the last book I read.

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH, THE LINE ABOUT NOT JUST FITTING. OMG. I love that line so much. Someone needs to say that to me :D

    Have a fabulous week :)

    Check out my swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a brilliant way to share some swoon and your thoughts on the book, Marilyn. I'm sooo reading Glines ASAP!! Thanks for sharing. And I hope your week is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those swoons are awesome. Abbi always brings the swoon! One of these days I WILL start this series

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you read this as a stand alone? I freaking love those teasers!!! Honestly your teasers and swoons are like crack because I can never get enough of them! You pick such great ones every time!

    ReplyDelete