Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #103 ~ Kiss of Fire (Imdalind #1) by Rebecca Ethington



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

Kiss of Fire
(Imdalind #1)

by
Rebecca Ethington


First - The Blurb:


Joclyn Despain has been marred by a brand on her skin. She doesn't know why the mark appeared on her neck, but she doesn't want anyone to see it, including her best friend Ryland, who knows everything else about her. The scar is the reason she hides herself behind baggy clothes, and won't let the idea of kissing Ryland enter her mind, no matter how much she wants to.
The scar is the reason she is being hunted.

If only she knew that she was.

If only she had known that the cursed stone her estranged father sent for her 16th birthday would trigger a change in her. Now, she is being stalked by a tall blonde man, and is miraculously throwing her high school bully ten feet in the air.

Joclyn attempts to find some answers and the courage to follow her heart. When Ryland finds her scar; only he knows what it means, and who will kill her because of it.


Second - The Tease:

I'm in so much trouble, aren't I?" His warm breath tickled my ear as he whispered to me.

My heart sputtered. "You have no idea."

"Then, I might as well do this thing thoroughly." He set me down again and kissed my jaw line. His lips lingered for a second longer than they should have, freezing me into place. I just hoped I didn't look too much like a deer stuck in headlights.


Kiss of Fire started off slow but picked up pace after the halfway mark. I enjoyed the story line but would have liked to see a little more romance between Jos and Ryland. It was hinted at but never seemed to progress very far.



* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Tease, please leave a comment below!




9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the romance didn't develop as much as you hoped, but I really love the teaser you picked!

    Thanks for sharing and here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you're enjoying it now though? Sounds like a great tease! Hope it gets better for you!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really liked that tease bt it's a shame that the romance fell kinda short

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. He's in trouble so lets kiss! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Your tease really made me giggle. Shame that the plot did not fully deliver but at least you were still able to experience toe curling moments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the teaser, Marilyn. I have this one waiting for me on my ereader. I'm glad it picked up eventually although I'm sad the romance wasn't there...particularly with that tease. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hate when the romance is hinted at but no follow through- that is like baking a cake and then not eating it.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of thid one before. Sounds like a nice read. I like the teaser Marilyn!! Love those make up kisses!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man I have this but after that I'm not sure I want to read it. I like the steamy stuff lol. Great teaser though I loved it!

    ReplyDelete