Thursday, August 7, 2014

Swoon Thursday #102 ~ Tease (The Ivy Chronicles #2) by Sophie Jordan


The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOONWhat got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:

Tease
(The Ivy Chronicles #2)

by
Sophie Jordan

First - The Blurb:



What happens when a girl who always calls the shots meets a guy who's too wild for even her?

A born flirt and good-time party girl, Emerson has never had a problem finding a willing guy. She's always chosen her hookups carefully, and she's never broken her three cardinal rules:

Never let them see the real you.
Never fall in love.
Always leave them begging for more.

Then Shaw comes along. A hottie from the wrong side of the tracks, he's immune to her flirtatious banter and come-hither smile. After rescuing her from a disastrous night at a biker bar, he doesn't even try to take her to bed—he calls her a tease and sends her home instead. Unable to resist a challenge, or forget the sexy, dark-eyed, bad-boy biker, she vows to bring him to his knees.

But instead of making Shaw beg, Emerson finds herself craving him. For the first time in her life, she's throwing out her rule book. Suddenly, she's the one panting for a guy she can't control—a guy who won't settle for anything less than the real Emerson and who forces her to do things she's never imagined, including facing a past she thought she'd buried.

A guy who just might leave her wanting more. . . 


Second - The Swoon:

His hands lifted and slid over my tear-soaked cheeks, holding me almost tenderly. He looked troubled. There was no other word for it. "I don't know what it is you do to me."

I do something to him?

His voice continued, a dark little whisper rushing over my lips. "But I'm not going to fight it anymore."

As his warm mouth came down on mine, a jolt that felt like electricity shot through me. Along with that, a thousand thoughts chased through me as his lips pressed to mine, softer and more persuasive than I would have imagined possible from this hard-looking guy.

I could just step back. I could say one word. No. I could turn and walk back into the bar. He wouldn't stop me. Not this time. I knew that.

All of those options presented themselves to me in a single flash, but I took the only option I could. The only one there was.

I kissed him back.


I first met Emerson in Foreplay - Book 1 of The Ivy Chronicles. Room mate to Pepper and Georgia, she was portrayed as being a good friend with a wild side. In Tease we learn her real story. 

On the outside - Emerson appears fun loving, carefree and as the name of the book suggests - is a bit of a tease. On the inside, she is none of those things. For five years, she's held a secret that only few people know, a secret which her mother denies happened and left her feeling that there was no one she could count on but herself. That is... until she meets Shaw.

Shaw... an ex-marine dealing with his own guilt, is not only 'Sexy hot' but shows Em that there is someone out there who gives a damn. Seeing past the fake facade Em portrays, he slowly breaks down her defenses and convinces her to let him in.

Like Foreplay, Tease is written in an ease to read writing style. Right form the start it draws you in and keeps you there until the very end. I'm looking forward to reading Wild (Book 3) - Georgia's story.
  
My Rating: 5 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!



7 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! That's a nice swoon! I NEED to get these books!

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    P.S. I did, I've had internet issues, still trying to catch up. Hope to do it tomorrow *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I love kisses like this, totes swoony!
    Awesome pick!

    My swoon: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/08/swoon-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so loved this one! Cannot wait for Wild too! Excellent pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH!! I still need to read this one!! Just loved that swoon! Made me want to pick up the book now!

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I loved Foreplay! I need to read Tease ad Wild. I'm so glad you shared a swoon from this book, it's motivation!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some awesome swoon, Marilyn. I'm so glad you loved Tease. I am anxious to get started on it since I adored Foreplay. :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I so need to read this soon! What am I waiting for? I swear sometimes I take forever to get to the good stuff. Thank you for the teaser of teaser. I sooo need to bump this bad boy up on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete