Thursday, May 15, 2014

Swoon Thursday #90 ~ Ruined by Jus Accardo



The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOONWhat got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:

Ruined
(The Eternal Balance #1)

by
Jus Accardo


First - The Blurb:


Hell is looking for a way to break loose…

Jax lost the genetic lottery. Descended from Cain, the world's first murderer, he's plagued by a curse that demands violence in exchange for his happiness. He left everything behind, including the girl he loved, but thriving on the pain of others is lonely… And it's killing him.

After a series of heartbreaking losses, Samantha put rubber to pavement and headed for college as fast as her clunker could carry her. But she can't outrun her problems. When an attack at school drives her back home, she's thrown into the path of a past—and a guy—she's been trying to forget.

Sam strains Jax's control over his darkness, but running isn't an option this time. Someone—or, something—followed her home from school: a ruthless monster with a twisted plan centuries in the making. Forced together to survive, and fighting an attraction that could destroy them both, Jax and Sam must stop a killer bent on revenge.


Second - My Swoon(s):


Swoon 1
It wasn't a slow, sweet kiss. It was the dive-right-in-before-you-lose-your-f******-nerve kind. Arms winding around her waist, I pulled her close and covered her mouth with mine. Soft, warm, and eager, she tasted faintly of vodka and cherries. It was sensation overload. A veritable shock to my system. I was a lightening rod in a hurricane. Pushed to the brink, but happy, because it's where I was meant to be. Always riding the line between pleasure and pain.


Swoon 2
I was so much taller than Sam. Six foot five to her five foot four. She rose onto her toes, pulling my head down the rest of the way, and brushed her lips to mine. The touch was soft. Warm. Electric. Not at all like the kiss a the club, or the one in her apartment. This was different. Needy, yeah, but so much more than that. It was full of the one thing I didn't deserve. That I'd never deserve. Love.


Jax would like you to think he is the bad boy and completely unworthy of love, but deep down, he and the demon living inside him are both kind of soft.

I loved this book. Can't wait for the next one in the series.


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


8 comments:

  1. Squee.... Glad you loved this one! I lurve Jax!! He is fun to read about, I am keen for the next book too!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing this book around for a while, and every time I get the feeling I should go for it... Your swoons most certainly push my curiosity, Marilyn ;)
    Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you loved the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is, indeed, extremely swoony!! I'm really intrigued, not only by Jax, but by the very original plot! Thanks for suggesting this great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some great swoon, Marilyn! And I'm so envious you read this book before me! *ha* I need to get on the ball. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love those swoons...definitely checking this one out! Cool cover too :) Here's My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds good! Love those swoons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love his cheekbones! And mmm, the arm around the waist, I particularly love it when a guy does that!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED this book! Jus Accardo is an awesome author. Great swoon choices!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete