Thursday, March 6, 2014

Swoon Thursday # 80 ~ The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa


 The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.

Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOONWhat got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:

The Iron Daughter
(The Iron Fey #2)

by
Julie Kagawa


First - The Blurb:


Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.








Second - The Swoon:

Meeting my gaze, he took one step forward, drew me into his arms, and brushed his lips to mine.

I think our last kiss was meant to be quick and chaste, but after the first touch of his lips fire leaped up and roared through my belly. My fingers yanked him close, digging into his back, and his arms crushed me to him as if wanting to meld us together. I knotted my fingers in his hair and bit down on his bottom lip, making him groan. His lips parted, and my tongue swept in to dance with his. There was nothing sweet or gentle in our last kiss; it was filled with sorrow and desperation, of the bitter knowledge that we could've had something perfect, but it just wasn't meant to be.


Or was it?

Meghan and Ash's story is quite heart wrenching at times. As a fan of Ash, I can only hope that in the end, it WAS meant to be.


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


7 comments:

  1. It is a great ride though!! I love them together... Great tease Marilyn!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sobs* oh Ash *sobs more* I love him and this book broke my heart *sniffles* hope you are enjoyed Ash and Meghan (and Puck, he is a cutie)

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a kiss! Thanks for a great swoon, Marilyn. Yep, gonna have to read this series soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! I really need to read this series!!!! I have to know what is going on and I want to see a happy ending for these two characters!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing kiss! Sad swoon! I hope they don't give up on being together! Thanks for stopping by my swoon Marilyn :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. So loved this book. Great swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, is that Megan and Ash? I really need to read this series. Its sounds very up and down, in a good way!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete