Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Teaser Tuesday # 74 ~ Never Too Far by Abbi Glines




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

Never Too Far

(Too Far #2)

by
Abbi Glines

Warning: This book is recommended for 18+ readers due to its adult content.

First - The Blurb:


He had held a secret that destroyed her world. 

Everything she had known was no longer true. 

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.
Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again. 
What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately? 

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.






Second - The Tease:

"You don't have to do this," I forced myself to say staring down at him. He hadn't spoken to his sister or his mother in weeks. As much as I disliked them... no hated them, I didn't want to be what came between him and his family.

Rush shook his head. "I don't have to do anything. But I want to spend the rest of my life with you. No one but you."


And later in the same scene:


"Don't say another word. I swear, Blaire, I am seconds away from throwing your ass in that ocean," he stood up and his steady gaze held mine. "No man has ever loved a women as much as I love you. Nothing will ever come before you. I don't know what else I have to do to prove to you but I won't let you down again. I won't hurt you. You don't have to be alone anymore. I need you."


This was one sweet scene.

Never Too Far is a direct follow on from Fallen Too Far. However, instead of being told just from Blaire's POV, we get to see Rush's side as well in this book. It's always nice to get inside the guys head and see what he is really thinking.

My rating: 5 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!









8 comments:

  1. Great teaser Marilyn :) Rush and Blaire sound complicated, yet like an absolutely awesome romance too!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds pretty intense, Marilyn :) Thanks for sharing.

    Happy reading!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tease! I keep hoping Abbi will do another paranormal NA but it's not looking like she will. Oh well!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day I will get caught up on the many Abbi Glines books... great tease!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finished this series- but it was not my favorite from her. I liked it but something was missing. Sorry (we got snow yesterday- a thing that rarely happens where I live).

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Sigh* Awesome teasers girl! I think I need to check the library for this series!! Sounds so good!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet scene, indeed! You're moving this series up the priority list, Marilyn. :)

    ReplyDelete