Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #64 ~ Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder




Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Tease for this week comes from:

Falling Into You

(Falling #1)

by
Jasinda Wilder


First - The Blurb:

I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.

Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.













Second - The Tease:

She's so goddamn beautiful. I'm lost in her eyes, unable to look away. Her lips, red, chapped, pursed, as if begging me to kiss her, are too close to ignore. I'm suddenly aware of her body against mine, her full breasts crushed against me, her leg, one round thigh, pale as whitest cream, draped over mine. Her palm, long fingers slightly curled, rest on my skin where she touches me. I'm not breathing. Literally, my breath is stuck in my throat, blocked by my heart, which has taken up residence in my trachea.

I want to kiss her. Need to. Or I might never breath again.


Third - My Thoughts:

This is a powerful and emotional story about love, loss and survival.

Nell and Kyle have been best friends for their entire lives. They were born two days apart. They Live next door to each other. And they are inseparable. At the tender age of sixteen, they discover that their emotions run much deeper than simple friendship. For two years they continue as a couple until tragedy strikes. Kyle is killed in a freak accident and Nell must learn how to survive on her own. (No spoiler here. It's in the blurb)

But how do you go on when the person who has been there your entire life is suddenly gone?

For two years, Nell struggles with her grief. Then, finding herself in the same city as Colton - Kyle's older brother - she finally finds someone who seems to understand her pain. With Colton's help, Nell learns that it's okay not to be okay. And that letting go, doesn't mean that your first love is forgotten.


My Rating: 5 out of 5


* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


5 comments:

  1. Oh my what a horrible way to die- death by lack of kiss. :D Great teaser.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great teasers! the first on is so intense.

    here is my Tuesday Teaser if you want to check it out

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read this book! I have been meaning to for a while now. Love that tease!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh... hot tease. Sounds like a book I'd like too Marilyn!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete