Sunday, October 20, 2013

Book Boyfriend of the Week #12 ~ Will Cooper from Slammed by Colleen Hoover



This is a meme created by Reading and Things for bloggers to talk about there book boyfriends and tease the readers with things they've said.


Want to participate?


Then all you have to do is:


1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.
2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that.
3) Pick a quote from his book, long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is.
4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises).
5) Share it! And shout it out using the #Reading and Things.



This week I would like you to meet:

Will Cooper

Will is gorgeous, sexy, and caring. He loves slam poetry with a passion and often convey's what he's thinking and feeling through words. He has good grounded values, and always tries to do the right thing - even when his heart protests. From the moment he meets Layken, he not only feels a strong attraction towards her, but also a need to protect to her. Yeah, a real sweetie.

"I stood beside the U-Haul, and I just watched her. I stared at her while she looked on with the saddest look in her eyes. I wanted to know what she was thinking about, what was going on in her head. What had mad her so sad? I wanted to hug her so bad. When she finally got out of the U-Haul and I introduced myself to her, it took all I had to let go of her hand. I wanted to hold on to it forever. I wanted to let her know that she wasn't alone. Whatever burden it was that she was carrying around, I wanted to carry it for her. I wish I could, Lake. I wish I could take it all away. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. It doesn't just go away.”





Falling in love can feel like poetry. Or it can feel like a slam to the heart.

Colleen Hoover’s romantic, emotion-packed debut novel unforgettably captures all the magic and confusion of first love, as two young people forge an unlikely bond before discovering that fate has other plans for them.

Following the unexpected death of her father, eighteen-year-old Layken becomes the rock for both her mother and younger brother. She appears resilient and tenacious, but inside, she's losing hope. Then she meets her new neighbor Will, a handsome twenty-one-year-old whose mere presence leaves her flustered and whose passion for poetry slams thrills her.

Not long after a heart-stopping first date during which each recognizes something profound and familiar in the other, they are slammed to the core when a shocking discovery brings their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together and the forces that tear them apart. Only through the poetry they share are they able to speak the truth that is in their hearts and imagine a future where love is cause for celebration, not regret.




Okay!
Now it's your turn. Who's your current book crush for this week? Please leave a link below.


2 comments:

  1. Okay, just having a guy notice and pick up on a girl's sadness sounds phenomenal to me, but then to have him do something about it? I'm sold! :-)

    Thanks for visiting MY BOOK BOYFRIEND post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep.... I need to meet Will for sure. I have books 2&3... just need to get Slammed!!

    Thanx for visiting my Book Boyfriend!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete