Saturday, September 14, 2013

Book Boyfriend for the Week #7 - Jace from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare






This is a meme created by Reading and Things for bloggers to talk about there book boyfriends and tease the readers with things they've said.


Want to participate?


Then all you have to do is:


1) Pick a book boyfriend, it can be from the book your currently reading or from one you've already read.
2) Write what kind of boyfriend he is, and if you want, say why you think that.
3) Pick a quote from his book, long or short, that proves he is the kind of boyfriend you said he is.
4) Make sure the quote, and the explanation DO NOT give away anything from the book (we want all of the twists and plot surprises to remain surprises).
5) Share it! And shout it out using the #Reading and Things.

My Book Boyfriend for this week is:


Jace

Before seeing the movie (yeah, I haven't seen it yet because my childminder won't be available for another couple of weeks) I decided to re-read City of Bones and was reminded of how I like Jace's bad-ass attitude and the way he has a soft spot for Clary even though he has a tough time showing it.




When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . . 

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.


Here's one of Clary's thoughts of Jace:

Even in half demon hunter clothes, Clary thought, he (Simon) looked like the kind of boy who'd come over to your house to pick you up for a date and be polite to your parents and nice to your pets.
Jace on the other hand, looked like the kind of boy who come's over to your house and burn's it down just for kicks.

And one of my favorite quotes:

Clary - "Is this the part where you start tearing strips off your shirt to bind my wounds?"

Jace -  "If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked."


Okay!
Now it's your turn. Who's your current book crush for this week? Please leave a link below.


9 comments:

  1. Jace! Can anyone not love him?
    I love the quotes that you added. Great choice :)

    Bayan @ The Booklicker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg. Jace is so perf and areogant!! <3 that quote though. Great choice! :)

    Cindy @ In This World of Books..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jace is pretty dreamy- and aggravating, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I so LOVE Jace! I missed his snarkiness in the movie, though. Still a good movie.

    My Book Boyfriend

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Jace so much, in the book and the movie, it was great. Great Pick.
    You will more than likely like my pick this week, he reminded me of Jace at times. Come check it out.

    My Boyfriend of the Week Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. One day I will read this series. Please contact me for Mystery Rises at wickedlydeliciousbookblog@gmail.com I am having issue with my main email address and laptop been using hubbies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jace is a great choice!! I really have enjoyed this series so far. I hope to see the movie soon too.

    Thanx for visiting my Book Boyfriend!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, Jace is a definite book stud. I think they made him a tad too nice in the movie, but let me know what you think when you see it :-)

    Thanks for checking out My Book Boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete