Thursday, August 1, 2013

Swoon Thursday # 50 - With All My Soul




The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.
 
Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.
 
Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *


My Swoon for this week comes from:

With All My Soul
(Soul Screamers #7)

by
Rachel Vincent
First - The Blurb:


What does it mean when your school is voted the most dangerous in America? It's time to kick some hellion butt...

After not really surviving her junior year (does "undead" count as survival?), Kaylee Cavanaugh has vowed to take back her school from the hellions causing all the trouble. She's going to find a way to turn the incarnations of Avarice, Envy and Vanity against one another in order to protect her friends and finish this war, once and forever.

But then she meets Wrath and understands that she's closer to the edge than she's ever been. And when one more person close to her is taken, Kaylee realizes she can't save everyone she loves without risking everything she has....






Second - The Swoon:

My fingers curled around a handful of his shirt when he kissed me, and I stood on my toes to give him more of me. To taste more of him. "Mmm... I murmured when his lips trailed from my mouth over my chin, then down my neck. "I missed that."

"It's only been a few hours," he whispered, though no one else could hear us. "Shouldn't eternity make us more patient?"

"It's having the opposite effect. Knowing we should have forever makes me want a little bit of forever right now..." I pulled him back up, and my lips met his again. His hands trailed slowly up my sides, and I let the feel of him chase away the anger and sadness I'd been fighting for most of the day. For most of the past two weeks, in fact. Tod felt good. Tod always felt good, even when the rest of my world was falling apart.


Third - My Thoughts:

Well, I finally made it to the end of this series. It was quite a roller coaster ride but I'm happy that everything seemed to turn out all right for Kaylee and Tod. And her family and friends.

I will say that the last hundred or so pages messed with my emotions (some very intense moments) and kept me revirted to my seat.  I couldn't walk away until the very end. Until the very last word had been read.

Needless to say, I really enjoyed the story.

My Rating 4.5 out of 5




* ~ * ~ * ~ *
 
Okay, so what do you think?

If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've made it to the end!! It was such a fabulous story! I was glued to the end of the book as well!!

    And guess who has the Vincent Boys on hold at the library!! I can't wait to go to town to get them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So romantic! I just bought the this series after reading everyone's swoons on it! I'm really excited to meet these characters! Thanks for sharing Marilyn!

    Here's my Swoon:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/07/swoon-thursday-29.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those last pages really do screw with you. I freaked out the entire time. I'm so glad you enjoyed these and thank you for that swoon. Tod always makes the day better!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I still need to read this series. I am loving the swoons! Have you read The Wolf Spring Chronicles #2 yet? Thank you for commenting on my Author Appreciation post, you're the first one to do so in like ever! Glad you enjoyed the series and I can't wait to find out what your next read will be.

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    P.S.: I go back to school in a week or two...goodbye summer and hello 17 credit hour classes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love this swoon!

    Check out My Swoon!

    Happy Reading!

    Catarina
    @Reading and Things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soul Screamers swoon! Reminds me of that time I said I'd read the series over the summer - oh wait... ;) Is this the last one? I'd love to know how it ends O_O

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh Tod. Oh, Tod. I love him so incredibly much and I'm glad things played out the way they did with him. I agree- those last pages were freaking me out!

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm.. Tod, you know you are a Todshipper now. Admit it.....

    I really enjoyed this series and how it ended too.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review and swoon. I look forward to trying this series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice swoon!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete