Thursday, March 14, 2013

Swoon Thursday # 30 Blood Promise

 

 

The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme.
Here's how it works. From the book you're currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.
Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag#YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!



* ~ * ~ * ~ *



This weeks Swoon comes from Blood Promise - Book 4 from the Vampire Academy series.


First - The Blurb:

Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same.

The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck, a mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count. But only one victim matters . . . Dimitri Belikov. Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa—her best friend and the last surviving Dragomir princess—or, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own and hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep the promise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved?

Now, with everything at stake—and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and newly rebellious best friend—can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? Or, will she sacrifice herself for a chance at eternal love?


Second - My Thoughts:

OH!  MY! GOSH!

After the way Shadow Kiss ended, I was sure that the romance between Rose and Dimitir was over.

But... after completing Blood Promise... I'm now thinking... mmm... maybe not.

Maybe, just maybe, there's still a chance for Dimitri to be restored to his former self, and for Rose to be reunited with the man who holds her heart.

Moving on to Spirit Bound



Third - My Swoon:

Last time, he'd broken the kiss before too much could happen. Not this time. And as we continued kissing now, that rational voice in me grew smaller and smaller. The part of me that would always love Dimitri took over, exulting in the way his body felt against mine, the way he wound my hair around one of his hands, letting the fingers get tangled up. His other hand slid up the back of my shirt, cold against my warm skin. I pushed myself closer to him and felt the pressure of the kiss increase as his own desire picked up.



* ~ * ~ * ~ *



Okay, so what do you think?
 
If you liked my Swoon, please leave a comment below!


11 comments:

  1. Argh!! How frustrating does this series get!?!?!?! Hope you are still enjoying it though... You aren't leaving any stars, so I'm not sure...

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very frustrating at this point. Sorry I forgot to include my rating - 4 out of 5 stars.

      Delete
  2. Awww, and this is why I sometimes dislike series - they get too messy too fast (sometimes). I have not read this series, but I actually am planning on it, just not now. I hope all ends well! o.O

    Here is my Swoon post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - some do get too messy but I don't mind in this case because the series is complete and I can find out how it all ends sooner than later.

      Delete
  3. Oh, the ending of Shadow Kiss, KILLED me. But, Blood Promise did have it's share of steamy scenes.

    My Swoon

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. I look forward to thurs. to get my Dimitri fix.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two more posts to do on this series so keep dropping by for your D-fix.

      Delete
  5. Love this series so much! Any scene with Dimitri turns me into a puddle of goo! Thanks for sharing Marilyn ! =D

    ~Caitlin @ The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sobs* I love this book..... *cries* that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete