Thursday, December 13, 2012

Swoon Thursday # 17 - A Familiar Stranger

 
The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* ~ * ~ * ~ *
 


A SECRET SOCIETY, MODERN DAY KNIGHTS, AND VAMPIRES come together in a dimension where chance intersects romance for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure proving that true love can find you in the strangest places, even far, far from home.


Minutes ahead of inevitable assassination, Elora Laiken is forcibly transported to an alternate dimension similar, but not identical, to her own. She is stranded. Alone. Far from home. A stranger in a "strangish" land. Of course a girl could suffer worse problems than having gorgeous suitors. Perhaps more importantly, in the midst of an epidemic of vampire related abductions, can she stay alive long enough to choose between an honor debt, true love, or the breathlessness of single-minded passion?

My Familiar Stranger is a full length, stand-alone, Paranormal/Fantasy Romance novel that also sets up the foundation for the Black Swan series.



I am only halfway through this novel, and so far, there hasn't been one swoon worthy moment. However, determined that there must be at least one, I searched ahead and look what I managed to find:


Taking hold of her waist with both hands, he jerked her up the wall to where they were at eye level and pushed her back again holding her in place with the press of his body. Her legs wound around him in an involuntary reflex. Before she could contemplate the fact that his body heat was surprising, he brushed his lips against hers. She jerked back bumping her head on the wall behind her, but not hard enough to do damage.
 
Staring at his mouth an inch away, she swallowed and said in a voice that sounded too raspy to be her own, "If you bite me, I will stake you."
 
He drew back just far enough so there would be no mistaking his meaning. "If I bite you, I'll stake myself."
 
This time his mouth covered hers with demand. For a minute she forgot about everything except the way he was crushing her mouth, ferociously, with an urgency that could only be fueled by desperation. She couldn't breathe, but she didn't care.
 
 
Sometimes, it pays to be patient.


* ~ * ~ * ~ *

So what do you think?
If you liked my SWOON, please leave a comment

below.


 

7 comments:

  1. OH DAMN! I really like that swoon, like a lot.! Awesome choice! Thanks for stopping by My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swoon. Who doesn't love a good steamy vamp moment??

    Heres mine - RobynLeanne @ Fairytales and Folklore

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah, thats a good one, and a book I would like. Great swoon, lol

    Here is mine from Opal
    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good one!! Go on... stake yourself!! Lol!!

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lord woman!!!! That was... Oh my! Steamy!!! Love this swoon so much!!! Great, great pick!!

    Magen Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness woman! That was a great swoon. I am thinking it was worth the wait.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete