Thursday, November 8, 2012

Swoon Thursday #12 Finale

 
 
The fabulous girls over at YA Bound created this super HOT meme. Here's how it works.

From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

Shout it out on Twitter with the hashtag #YABound, post it here in the comments, or grab the adorable button above and share it on your blog!


* * * * *
 
So this week I have chosen to do something a little different for my  SWOON.
Instead of one, I'm giving you four.
Hope you enjoy!!
 
 

He spread his hands on the counter, just outside my hips. Tilting his head to one side, he moved closer. His scent, which was all damp dark earth, overwhelmed me.

 
I inhaled two sharp breaths. No. This wasn't right. Not this, not with Patch. He was frightening. In a good way, yes. But also in a bad way. A very bad way.
 
"You should go," I breathed. "You should definitely go."
 
"Go here?" His mouth was on my shoulder. "Or here?" It moved up my neck.
 
My brain couldn't process one logical thought. Patch's mouth was roaming north, up over my jaw, gently sucking at my skin...
 
"My legs are falling asleep," I blurted.
 
"I could solve that." Patch's hands closed on my hips.
 
~~~~~
 
 
 
 
 
Suddenly, and without heeding anything but my own desires, I curled my fingers into his shirt and pulled him the rest of the way against me. It felt so good to have him close again. I'd missed him so much, but I hadn't realized just how much until this moment.
 
"Don't make me regret this," I said, breathless.
 
"You haven't regretted me once." He kissed me, and I answered so hungrily I thought my lips would bruise. 
 
 
 
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
 

Done stalling, I told myself at last. Leaning in, I closed my eyes.
 
His mouth opened under mine, his tightly reined control shuddering through his body. His arms wrapped around me, securing me against him. He kissed me harder, and the depth of my response unnerved me.
 
My legs felt wobbly and heavy. I sank into Jev, and he backed us slowly down the wall until I came to straddle his lap. Brightness lit up inside me, and the heat of it consumed every hollow corner. A hidden world opened between us, one that was as frightening as it was familiar. I knew it was real. I'd kissed like this before. I'd kissed Patch like this before. I couldn't remember calling him anything but Jev, but somehow Patch just felt... right. The hot deliciousness of being with him came roaring back, threatening to swallow me whole.
 
I pulled away first, trailing my tongue along my lower lip.
Patch made a low, questioning sound. "Not bad?"
I bent my head towards his. "Practice makes perfect."
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
And for the grand Finale (No pun intended)
 
 
 
Patch's hands steadied my face, holding me still before him. The wind tangled my hair around my wrists, twining us together. His thumbs moved across my cheekbones in a slow, intimate caress. Despite the cold, a steady burn coiled up inside me, vulnerable to his touch. His fingers traced lower, lower, leaving behind a hot, delicious ache. I closed my eyes, my joints melting. He lit me up like a flame, light and heat burning at a depth I'd never fathomed.
 
His thumb stroked my lip, a soft, seductive tease. I gave a sharp sigh of pleasure.
 
Kiss you now? He asked.
 
I couldn't speak; a wilted nod was my reply.
 
His mouth, hot and daring, met mine. All play had left him, and he kissed me with his own black fire, deep and possessive, consuming my body, my soul, and laying waste to all past notions of what it meant to be kissed.
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 
So what do you think?
If you liked my SWOON, please leave a comment

below.

8 comments:

  1. Ok... so they all rock!! Hmmm...Patch!!

    I don't know what to pick yet... still investigating!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Patch!! You can't go past a fallen angel :)

      Delete
  2. Super hot!!! Love Patch so much!!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to start this series!!! Those were such great teasers thank you for sharing!
    Here's my Swoon.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMG OMG!! Patch!!! Love this series and you just picked the absolute best swoon!!! Loved them! *faints*

    Thanks for stopping by my swoon :)

    Magen Corrie
    ~Corrie the book, crazed girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second Swoon I have read this week on this series! Great choice!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHHh I love all of those moments! Especially the one from Finale. Gahh that series is just so swoony! You were right I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeeep! I LOVE this part in Hush Hush...one of my favourite scenes in the entire series !! Thanks for the awesome swoon!

    ReplyDelete