Friday, August 24, 2012

A tribute to Amanda Hocking

Today I wanted to take the time to pay tribute to one of my favorite authors -
Amanda Hocking.
 
I'm sure many of you have heard of her and have undoubtedly read her books. But for those of you who haven't, I have made a quick list.

The Trylle Trilogy



My Blood Approves
The Hollows
Virtue
Watersong

I have found her inspiring, not only as an author, but also as a person who was not afraid to seek out her own destiny. After receiving multiple rejections from agents on the various different novels she wrote and then queried, Amanda finally made the decision to self-publish. A decision which has bode well for her and made her one of the most recognizable authors in the world.

I find Amanda's unwillingness to give up, her determination to have her books published, and the positive attitude she displays, something to be admired.

Thank You Amanda, you are an inspiration to all Indie Authors.

If you would like to learn more about Amanda and the story behind her success, please visit her blog: http://amandahocking.blogspot.com.au/

If you would like to comment, please leave a message below.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic post Marilyn!! It's nice to see who inspires other authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that's a terrible cover :/ Thanks for stopping by! Following you back :)

    ReplyDelete